Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
This policy is intended to implement the procedures described in the Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (DMCA) for the reporting of alleged copyright infringement. Explore Big Ideas LLC (EBI) is committed to respecting the legitimate rights of copyrights owners, their agents and representatives. Users of any part of the EBI website are expected and required to respect the legal protections provided by applicable copyright law.
If EBI is notified of claimed copyright infringement, or otherwise becomes aware of facts and circumstances from which infringement is apparent, we will respond expeditiously by removing , or disabling access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. In addition, Explore Big Ideas LLC will comply with the appropriate provisions of the DMCA in the event a counter notification is received by our designated agent.
Notification of alleged infringement or counter notifications should be sent to our designated agent at email@example.com or through our contact page. Upon receipt of notification of claimed infringement, we will follow the procedures outlined in the DCMA and on this page.
Notice of Infringement – Claim
To submit a good faith infringement claim to us, you must submit notice to EBI through our designated agent (firstname.lastname@example.org or through our contact page) that sets forth the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner (or someone authorized to act on behalf of the owner);
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
3. Identification of the infringing material to be removed, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. [Please submit the URL of the page in question to assist us in identifying the allegedly offending work];
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit EBI and other affected parties to contact the complaining party including your name, physical address, email address, phone number and fax number;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material is unauthorized by the copyright agent; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Title 17 USC §512(f) provides civil damage penalties, including costs and attorney fees, against any person who knowingly and materially misrepresents certain information in a notification of infringement under 17 USC §512(c)(3).
Failure to include all of the above information may result in a delay of the processing or the DCMA notification.
Please note that we may share the identity and information in any copyright infringement claim we receive with the alleged infringer. In submitting a claim, you understand, accept and agree that your identity and claim may be communicated to the alleged infringer.
Counter Notification – Restoration of Material
If you receive a notice of material being taken down because of a copyright infringement claim, you may provide EBI with a counter notification in an effort to have the material in question restored to the site.
A counter notification should be sent to our designated agent (email@example.com or through our contact page) The counter notification must set forth the following information, pursuant to 17 USC Section 512(g)(3):
1. A physical or electronic signature from the person making the counter notification.
2. A description of the material that has been taken down and the original location of the material before it was taken down.
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit EBI and other parties to contact you including your name, physical address, email address, phone number and fax number.
5. A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which Explore Big Ideas LLC is physically located and that you will accept service of process from the person or company who provided the original infringement notification.
Repeat Infringer Policy
EBI takes copyright infringement very seriously. Pursuant to the repeat infringer policy requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we maintain a list of DMCA notices from copyright holders and make a good faith effort to identify any repeat infringers.
Under appropriate circumstances, EBI may terminate authorization of users of the Explore Big Ideas LLC website and its related websites who are repeat infringers. At our discretion, we may terminate authorization at only one, more than one, or all of our websites.
We reserve the right to modify the contents of this page and its policy for handling DMCA claims at any time for any reason. You are encouraged to check back to review this policy frequently for any changes.
Explore Big Ideas LLC is an online personal development and education company helping people learn about, ponder, and engage ideas that matter.